Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Priority

Sometimes we get lost in our own little world, doing what we do. I remember not too long ago my entire life was shaped and molded by my work. I could pick up and go, do what I wanted and not think a thing about it. When Beacon came along everything changed. Suddenly and already into my 50's I was responsible for someone other than myself. He needed daily care to live. He still does, and I have not regretted one no, one I can't, or one maybe next time. I didn't know I had it in me, and still have a hard time wrapping my head around how easily I transitioned. I thought I was pretty smart, had read all the right books, was into all the right things at the right time, yet none of it matters now. He is my number one, and he is beautiful.
We talk about priorities, and make lists of our most important things, but how important are they, really. I said no again the other day to someone who wanted me to travel for a perfume engagement. It would have taken me away from Beacon for three days. I love my work, love the success, but I love him more...

No comments:

Post a Comment